Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Midi Skirt Shoot: Work to Weekend

   I'm not lying when I tell you that Danielle Small has seriously outdone herself with these photographs!!! I died. Amazing. Another name for this shoot could've been Rooptop Part Two as Danielle has capture some more amazing views and shots from my apartment rooftop. We also discovered an odd assortment of furniture up there, including a small table I snagged to put our vintage Nintendo on under the TV :)

Anyways, THE MIDI SKIRT. How the hell do I wear it when my legs are nugget sized? My first response is (I know you're shocked) HEELS. But when I put on my Converse to go scout out the roof, I realized the midi could work with sneaks too. So here goes- The Midi Skirt: Work to Weekend. My midi is from Zara with the iconic plaid that has been trending this season. With a statement skirt like this and my recent movement towards all things "chic", I paired the printed skirt with a classic black tee and some killer heels…. for a more corporate environment: a pointy black pump. Clean, simple, and work appropriate. Which then leads to weekend, throw on the same base skirt and tee, add a chambray button down over top and switch the heels for some sneaks (preferably Converse or Supergas) and viola you're ready for gallery gazing and shopping the Brooklyn Flea.

xx
e


Photography by Danielle Small
Model and Styling by Yours Truly










NY&Co Chambray / Zara Black Crop Tee / Zara Plaid Midi Skirt / White Converse / Prabal for Target Heeled Sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment