Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vita a Firenze



It has been quite an exciting week yet again! Monday, I already told you about my sewing class and that afternoon I had my first fashion illustration class! We did a little info sheet about ourselves, fashion, and style and had to sketch ourselves....joke. I erased like 10 times haha. Then we went to the art store here to get all of our supplies! So fun! Afterwards, we met our big group to go to a cooking class! We made bruschetta, gnocchi with tomato sauce, and panna cotta! It was sooooooo good!

Tuesday, during our sewing class, we went around town to pick up thread and scissors and he showed us various places to get supplies, some famous stores, tips, etc. We returned to class where he taught us ordinary, jeans, french, and shirt seam. That afternoon, Kirby and I went to the leather market and haggled for some exquisite leather purses! At our illustration class, we began our first sketches of three different figures. I enjoyed how precise everything was and she didn't simply say okay go...haha. I was quite proud of my first sketches!

After class, my best friend Lauren was actually in Florence on a trip with her school! We were so happy we were able to meet up and we all went out as a big group to a club called Twice...unfortunately the entire cast of Jersey Shore was there. Camera crews everywhere; people were freaking. Thankfully, Lauren and I don't give two bips about them so we were able to meet a lot of new people including some nice people from Florence! I didn't get much sleep and was extremely tired the next day. Sewing was great though because we had the chance to really practice the 4 seams he had taught us the previous day. At illustration, we attempted 6 more figures. With the exhaustion creeping in, I didn't do as well with these sketches and became pretty frustrated. When I returned home, I had dinner with the girls and literally went straight to bed....15 hours later I woke up. It was probably the best sleep I've ever had, haha.

Today we crossed the bridge to the other side of Florence. We stopped at a gelato shop that we had noticed previously and decided to give it a try. It was DEFINITELY the best gelato we've had to date. I got some type of mixture with vanilla, sesame, fudge deliciousness that tasted a bit like butter finger and also dark chocolate...need I say more. The other girls got a kind called "muffin" which was also amazing. We then trekked up a million steps to piazza del michaelangelo..sp? which had a panoramic view of Florence. It was truly breathtaking.

Now, we are just getting ready to leave for the Amalfi Coast (aka Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii). We are SOOOOOOO excited! Not bringing my computer on this little excursion so I'll be able to fill everyone in on our amazing trip when we return! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment