Monday, August 19, 2013

Is This Real Life?

Ciao baby,
It's been a hot minute since I last posted, and needless to say, a lot has changed in just a few weeks. Since we last talked, I've stumbled upon, signed, and moved into a new apartment in NYC with some fabulous roomies, I'm in the process of switching jobs, and I just spent last weekend home with my new niece, Elizabeth Rose (Ellie for short). There has been A LOT of decision making, anxiety, and crying, but I'm finally reaching a place of peace.. for now at least. There have been IKEA adventures complete with putting the entire bedroom set together with a screwdriver, not a drill, a screwdriver that you crank with your hand, renting flatbed trucks from Home Depot, and scouring 8 different garage sales, goodwills, and salvation armies. I swear "Miss Independent" or "I Don't Need No Man" should have been playing in the background. As soon as the apartment is looking pulled together, I will definitely post some pictures- I'm quite proud of my handiwork! Meanwhile, here's a few of my thrift store/garage sale finds, a few outfits, and my precious niece. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@emmaksousa) and on Pinterest (pinterest.com/emmak7) because I'm not as forgetful with posting there!

xx
e

urban outfitters dress / vintage belt / bcbgeneration shoes

urban outfitters dress / loft sweater / vintage belt / jcrew espadrilles

official nyc resident

morning office shenanigans with our no money lollipops...but seriously
zara top / american apparel shorts / vintage belt


american apparel windbreaker / urban outfitters tank / vintage levis / converse

old navy vneck / american apparel leather skirt / sam edelman wedges

straight DIYing approximately one hour after the picture in the leather skirt was taken

2 purses + 6 wine glasses + silver tray = $6

vintage couch = $75 


my sister, brother-in-law, and new niece

Me and Ellie Rose









No comments:

Post a Comment